Rawkblog Presents, a pop culture journalism interview series active from 2012-2014. (iTunes)
I organized the Los Angeles Times' former L.A. Unheard concert series and two Rawkblog SXSW showcases.
I've chosen music and built playlists for spaces, events, radio shows, editorial and Playlist Club, a weekly subscription service I ran from 2011-2013.
Tell me your five favorite bands and I'll send you five more.
Speaking + Appearances
On camera: Access Hollywood, AXS Live, Billboard, The Oregonian
Radio and podcasting: BBC 6, OPB (Portland), Xray.fm (Portland), KBSX (Boise), La X Mas Musica (Colombia), Consequence of Sound
- • Secret Knowledge Conference 2015: Reach the Press Right
- • CMJ College Day 2015: One-on-one sessions
- • SXSW 2014: Be Your Own Tastemaker
- • SXSW 2013: Guiltless Pleasures: Imagining a Post-Snob World
- • SXSW 2012: The Unspoken Code of the Blogosphere
- • In the City 2010: Blogging in the U.S.A. (listen)
I've spoken to students at UCLA, Portland Community College and participated at the Oregonian's High School Journalism Institute.
I believe journalism is a collaboration and am always available to speak to young journalists and photographers. Feel free to get in touch.